Jax Green Daily
Monday, March 24, 2008
Commuter Message Boards
I don't know what First Coast Metropolitan Planning Organization really gets done, but maybe if we used them more they'd be better. My commute is too short to try them out, unfortunately. I know their counterpart in the Tallahassee is pretty cool. They organized a weeklong awareness campaign called Commuter Choices Week last fall. Check out: www.commuterservices.org for more information. When I emailed to ask if they'd be doing this again in '09, to see if I could volunteer to help and learn about how they organized it, the lady replied that the First Coast MPO does the same work in our area.

They don't do anything like Commuter Choices Week. But I like this idea of the message boards, although they seem a little too moderated (you email your post to someone, who then posts it to the site).

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
I'm not totally sure what the MPO does either. But I have have been taking part in BPAC (Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee) which is part of the MPO.

They are working to create more awareness for alternative transportation here in Jax and the surrounding counties.

You can also join us over at Bike Jax.
www.bikejax.blogspot.com
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Garden updates, events, news, and thoughts.

Archives
February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]